This property has been sold.
The Wallace Seward House, an excellent example of the Italianate-style, is located in historic Petersburg.
Ulysses S. Grant used the house as his headquarters following the fall of Petersburg in 1865 and teh house was the site of the final meeting between Grant and President Lincoln before Appomatox.
The property is listed on the Virginia Landmarks Register and the National Register of Historic Places. The building is under protective easement with the Virginia Department of Historic Resources.
The Wallace-Seward House was purchased in 1993 by the Revolving Fund Program and sold in 1996.