Thomas Read’s Clerk’s Office
Thomas Read began his career as a deputy clerk around 1770 and was ultimately appointed clerk in charge of deeds, wills and court minutes of the newly organized Charlotte County. This building is a reproductin of his original office which is located on the grounds of his nearby estate, Ingleside, built in 1810.
This reproduction was built in the 1960s by Preservation Virginia and today serves as the Charlotte County Museum.
Open by appointment